The ability to receive a COVID-19 vaccines has opened up for people in Connecticut through various age groups:
- March 1, 2021:Expands to age group 55 to 64
- March 22, 2021:Expands to age group 45 to 54
- April 12, 2021:Expands to age group 35 to 44
- May 3, 2021:Expands to age group 16 to 34
The State of Connecticut has created a Vaccine Portal containing important information about vaccine eligibility, the vaccine itself, how to register for VAMS (Vaccine Administration Management System) and more.
Because the COVID-19 vaccine - including all 3 versions; Moderna, Pfizer and Johnson & Johnson - can not be re-frozen and must be used within six hours, any unused doses have the option to be given a back-up person as to not waste it. For any appointments that are no-shows, or if someone misses an appointment, the vaccine is then released to another eligible person.
There are several ways to get on a day-of availability vaccine back-up list, including the following services:
- Dr. B
- Yale COVID-19 Vaccine Standby Program
- Hartford HealthCare COVID-19
- Vaccine Hunter Group
- Facebook Group: New York / Connecticut Vaccine Hunters and Angels
(Photo: Getty Images)