It's that time of year again to catch up on all the trending terms of the past year because Merriam-Webster has added over 840 new word to their dictionaries!
Here are some of the new additions that you'll want to add to your repertoire:
- GOAT – defined as the "greatest of all time:" the most accomplished and successful individual in the history of a particular sport or category of performance or activity"
- Marg – an abbreviation for margarita
- Fav – short for favorite
- Bougie – an abbreviation of bourgeois
- Zoodles - a long, thin strip of zucchini that resembles a string or narrow ribbon of pasta
- Mocktail - a nonalcoholic cocktail
- Hangry - irritable or angry because of hunger
- Bingeable - having multiple episodes or parts that can be watched in rapid succession
- Time suck - an activity to which one devotes a lot of time that might be better or more productively spent doing other things
- Instagramming - to post (a picture) to the Instagram photo-sharing service
Source: Boston Globe
Image: Getty Images